1. MORE THAN JUST LOOKS: Realize exercise is more than just having a great
physique. It is about strengthening the mind and heart and soul.
2. KEEP THE BIG PICTURE IN MIND: You will have good days and bad days. Keep a
one day at a time attitude.
3. BE SOLD OUT! No matter if you are a competitive bodybuilder or just one who
does it for a hobby, be sold out for life to exercise.
4. LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR. This one will be hard for most of you to do.
But to be a champion, you have to get rid of your ego. Your mind is your biggest
competitor. In order to improve on your health you need to not be self-serving.
5. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER: If you think you know everything, forget, stop right
now. You never will know everything. Continue to learn all the time. Most
importantly, share your knowledge.
6. HAVE FUN: Most people in bodybuilding are wound way too tight. Loosen up a
7. ASK FOR HELP: If you do not know something, ask someone who does.
8. MORE IS NOT BETTER: Put time limits on your workouts.
9. HAVE VARIETY: Never be afraid to change your exercise routine around.
10. HAVE SYNERGY: Incorporate all areas of fitness. Low body fat levels are more
important than the size of your biceps.